Brooklynn Wds
map-marker Lexington, South Carolina

I had to file a claim and now they have almost doubled my payments and the claims was filed as a collision clame when it was a comprehensive claim there was only one person who even tried to help me t

And now they want to try to cancel my insurance I'm 60 yeArs old never had an accident and I've been treated like a lowlife by this company there should be a law agency things like this.

User's recommendation: Make sure you know where you get your insurance if you need to use it things change

Jimmy M Ygp

Horrible customer service....

They tell you to use the app to communicate with your rep but they never call back! Calling them is a joke. I've been on hold now for over 2 hours to talk to someone. Been waiting for 3 weeks to get a hail damage claim moving. Ridiculousness.
Pros:
  • Cheap but you get what you pay for

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: Don't Bother

Rahman Rnk

Price of homeowners insurance

Bought the home next door live right next door doing major improvements on it they won't insure it because it's not perfect
Edmee I

Customer Service

Everytime is time for my policy to renew, it gets more expensive. I've been with them about 3 yrs.

and it's been the same situation each time. One time I decided to just start a quote as if I was a new customer. The difference in the amount is ridiculous. It's been $15, $ 20 less everytime.

This time my policy is set to renew in September, I just went ahead an checked and was almost in disbelief when I saw the difference was over $40. When I tried to set it up, it started asking me for a bunch of nonsense that it doesn't do if you just go with them rolling over. What a shame! You pay more the longer you stay with them.

I decided to call customer service and it was even worse, the lady that answer the phone pretty much refused to get into it (my new quote), giving me every excuse why she couldn't.

I used to love this company. That has obviously changed for many reasons.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Many options
Cons:
  • Horrible customer service
  • Price increases without cause or explanation

Preferred solution: Fair pricing and treatment from customer service

User's recommendation: Keep shopping around. There are many insurance companies out there. Nope, I do NOT recommend Progressive. Not anymore!

Guest

"giving me every excuse " Are these excuses or reasons? What kind of car do you drive?

Where do you live? What does your credit look like?

Manar Oqb

| map-marker Kansas City, Missouri

Due to advice by their agent I was charged extra charges

I called to advise I was going with another lower insurance company and didn't want them to take an additional payment out of myvaccount. The agent told me to go ahead and stop auto pay with them Ghent call back when I had to other insurance set up and cancel theirs then.

She failed to advise me their would be an additional charge so I stopped the auto pay with her and called back today to cancel the policy. I was told today that i would be charged an additional amount of $13.43 charged. I'm on social security and live on a tight budget so while this may not be a lot to most it is to elderly.i feel im being penalized because I got poor information from them that I followed.

I think this is a rip off and large insurance companies do this gouging because of their greed and they know they can get by with it. Imagine if they do this to everyone who wants to cancel how much they must be making off this.

User's recommendation: Expect to be gouged

Guest

You're lucky they allowed that ; insurance policies are usually a set term ; 6 months, one year, whatever. Stop trying to play that elder discrimination card ; it is unbecoming and not true.

I am considered 'elderly' by 85% of the population but that only means I've lived longer and know more than they do. Lots more, in most cases.

Colson Gup

| map-marker Los Angeles, California

Questions about applicable discounts available

Selina, who was the customer representative I spoke with was very helpful with my questions. She was warm,patient and pleasant to speak with. Im thankful that I got someone with such good qualities on the first time Ive called your company, Im vey confident with the choice I made to do business with your company.
Edilberto N

Good service

The representative was very professional amazing service I call related a existing claim to setup and Ajuster to check the auto in my facility thanks for everything ENG
Schylar Mbu

Policy update

Adding a car to my policy and taking off another . It's a great insurance company been with them for awhile

User's recommendation: Would recommend

Garrett Kid
map-marker Dallas, Texas

To get reimbursed money I was being charged monthly on car insurance through progressive

I was told I would be reimbursed monies I paid for insurance which I did not get insurance through progressive. I already had car insurance with USAA.

I did not order this insurance because I already had car insurance. I have been with USAA auto insurance for 30 years And when I got the bank statements, I noticed I was being charged by progressive. So I was being charged twice for auto insurance. USAA was Deducting from my bank every month and progressive was doing the same thing.

I dont know how that happened, but I did not order auto insurance through progressive.

I called progressive, and I was told that I would be reimbursed the money that I paid on auto insurance through Progressive since I did not order insurance through them. They just needed copies of my insurance that I had through USAA and I sent them the copies about a month ago and I have not heard anything back from Progressive

ryszard z

| map-marker Chicago, Illinois

Letter of experience

please email letter of experience policy#94552**** Ryszard Zawada including the type of coverage please thank you
Tsigie K

| map-marker Frederick, Maryland

Dishonest and Unethical

Do not trust progressive select auto insurance. I had couple of policies with them since 2021. I added a new car on September, 2023 on my existing policy and progressive select canceled my policy without my knowledge and denied that I had insurance with them. I have been on auto pay since I signed up with them. I canceled all my policies today.
Lily F Heo

Want to know if I qualify for a car loaner?

My car broke down on the freeway but was towed to a family memebers home It maybe the alternator but meanwhile I need a car to get Around.does my policy cover a car loaner?
Samuel S Eai

| map-marker Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

I’m calling about the incident report

Im trying to clear up the matter about a money issue which progressive says that I owe them But the matter I dont When the paperwork was done someone on progressive side, drop the ball and did the paperwork wrong super aggressive, saying that I owe them money and which that I dont
Chad p Jtg

| map-marker Kansas City, Missouri

Progressive has been stealing money out of my account

I signed my 16-year-old son up for car insurance in September 2023. Ever since then, his rate went from $190 a month to $315 a month.

I had it automatically come out of my account, so I wasn't keeping tabs on it. I had no idea. They were going to continuously overcharge me. Progressive decided to add five other people to my son's insurance policy on his car, four of whom are not even with us anymore and haven't been.

When I filed the policy, the fifth person that was added was someone no one's ever heard of. Not to mention, they charged me for this and have no intention of refunding my money. This is very unprofessional, and I was on the phone with them for an hour yesterday, trying to figure out who wrote that policy, what took place, and why it's incorrect. I've never seen a professional business act in such a deceitful manner.

I will never do business with these people again after the policy expires, and I'll make sure to tell everyone how poor Progressive's service is.

I'm just astounded by how I let this company get away with doing these wrongful things to me. That's just the tip of the iceberg

User's recommendation: Don't go to progressive and if you already there make sure you're checking your bank account

Guest

Is his car insured for work or personal use? Did he ever live at another address with those added people or do those added people live at his current address? Any criminal record of alcohol/drugs?

Chad p Jtg
reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2471637

He's a 16-year-old boy so it's school and personal use. He hasn't lived at another address with all those people.

Those people lived with me except for the person they added that nobody even knows who they are.

And no, he's never been on drugs or anything else for that matter. It's just called progressive

reply icon Replying to comment of Chad p Jtg

I would make sure no one but your son and you has a driver license with your address. Someone his age, the insurance will check and if they find other licensed drivers at his address they will check driving records of all.

View more comments (2)
Phil T Ija

Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

They are not making my car drivable

Progressive Insurance - They are not making my car drivable
Progressive Insurance - They are not making my car drivable - Image 2

In October, my 2012 Mercedes GL 350 encountered an unfortunate collision when it was struck from behind while stationary at a stoplight. What ensued was a disheartening experience with Progressive Insurance, characterized by a stark lack of diligence and a disregard for customer well-being.

At the time of the incident, my vehicle, meticulously maintained and mechanically sound, suffered a substantial antifreeze leak, rendering it inoperable.

Despite Progressive's commitment to addressing the necessary bodywork repairs, they regrettably declined to acknowledge or rectify the consequential mechanical issues, attributing their decision to the age of the vehicle (2012) and its mileage (105,000).

It is imperative to underscore that my car was fully functional and drivable prior to the accident, making the current mechanical complications a direct result of the collision. This glaring disparity between the pre- and post-collision condition contradicts the fundamental principle of insurance coverage the restoration of the insured property to its pre-loss state.

I must clarify that Progressive Insurance represents the at-fault party's insurer, not my own. Despite my innocence in the incident, the aftermath has led to substantial personal investment, prolonged engagement with bureaucratic processes, and the unfortunate transformation of a once-pristine vehicle into an immobile state.

In light of these circumstances, I respectfully seek a reevaluation of Progressive's position. I request a thorough consideration of the mechanical issues resulting from the collision and a commitment to restoring my vehicle to its pre-accident operational state.

This pursuit aligns with the core principles of insurance coverage and the expectation that damages, both visible and mechanical, be appropriately addressed.

I trust that Progressive Insurance will take this matter seriously and demonstrate a commitment to upholding the integrity of their service. Your prompt attention to this request is greatly appreciated.Get an attorney

Loss:
Cons:
  • Fraud do not do as they say
  • Fraudulent company
  • Con people

Preferred solution: Full refund