Insurance Plans Acceptance

This February 2017 while on a fishing vacation in Florida, I struck a log with my motor while on plane.It was a pretty hard strike and expected to see lower unit damage when I raised the motor.

Luckily no lower unit damage, but after fishing about 15 minutes, my brother who was in the back of the boat noticed a sheen on the water. When I tried to raise the motor, the 12 volt trim motor wouldn't work. It was leaking hydraulic fluid from around the trim motor. When we returned home after the vacation I had a mechanic check it out.

He found the seals had been blown the in the 2 small rams that operate the trim, the valve assembly and the motor. So I decided to file a claim. Long story short, claim denied due to mechanical failure. Forced them to open claim again, met with the adjuster at a different mechanic, had him check damage.

Same diagnosis, same denial. Going to KY insurance commissioner. Found out from boat shop that performs insurance repairs and an insurance agent that Progressive is by far the worst company to pay up.

From now on I will check with people who work with insurance companies before I become their customer.The Progressive name won't even go in the hat.

Review about: Progressive Insurance Boat Policy Claim.

Had an Experience with Progressive Insurance?

Comments