Lavon, Texas

Progessive Snap Shot is a dangerous device.You cannot drive in the world today the way they want you to drive.

I go the speed limit in fear of hard braking while people on your bumper pushing you to go faster. Yellow lights are the most dangerous stiuation you put yourself in. As you are driving down the road at 45 mph, and approaching a traffic light, anxiety sets in, you slow down while people are racing to make it in case it is going to turn yellow they will make it thru. But you have to make a split decision whether to blow thru ( I was always taught to slow and stop for yellow, not mash on the gas pedal ) but Progressive now has changed that, I have blown thru several yellows just as they turned red to avoid the little beep for hard braking, this is a very dangerous situation.

Also if someone pulls out in front of you, according to this device, it may be better to just slam into them and avoid hard braking because progressive doesn't know someone pulled out in front of you, they think you are tailgaiting. I am going to use the snap shot for the 6 months and definately shop around after that and get that thing out of my car, I am even now scared to take a road trip south to visit my mom because of the 30 miles a day limit. It controls you and no matter how safe you drive the others are speeding and if the cannot go around you they ride your bumper, it is not set for reality. And it invades your privacy real bad, they are in partnership with AT&T cell towers and monitor every move.

Your privacy is being destroyed daily, wish I would have read the comments and reviews before agreeing to install the device.Mainly the hard braking is something that cannot be avoided and the fact they don't know why you hard braked it bad.

Review about: Progressive Insurance Snapshot.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Progressive Insurance?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion