I've become obsessed since Progressive totaled my 1995 Miata , Sept. 9, 2016, after one of their insured hit it.

I have experienced the same treatment from their adjuster, Bianca Robinson, in North Carolina as Reviewer, "Progressive Insurance - Horrifying Jul 16, 2017 https://progressive-insurance.pissedconsumer.com/horrifying-201706121060104.html ". I would love to have the auto estimated for repair by an independent estimator, but the car no longer drives. The rear differential is broke. As such, I can't say if Progressive over estimated the repairs or not as in the article mentioned above, however they have low-balled their settlement offer, the ACV (Actual cash Value) of the auto .

I can say that with certainty, because I have collected Actual Cash Value settlements for over 250 1994 -1995 Miata's paid by ALL insurance companies that have totaled the cars since Oct 2016 from IAA (Insurance Auto Auctions) where most insurance companies send vehicles for adjusting estimates . Progressive ranks among the lowest when valuing a vehicle. I've read that you have to file a lawsuit before Progressive will work with you. Most of the time that can be done by going to small claims court.

For instance, in NC small claims can be filed for amounts up to $10,000. It would be nice to have an attorney to work with on this, but they do not elect to work 'property value' cases. The pay-off isn't high enough to entice their interest nor to pay for their time. So, you are pretty much on your own.

I would like to find a way to start a class action lawsuit against Progressive for violating State General Statutes or Rules, but I have no experience in this arena. In North Carolina an insurance company is considered to have violated the law if as a general course of business it forces the claimant to file suit. Where do I find that data! In the meantime, I will keep collecting the data I CAN find.

Because, yes. I am going to sue

Review about: Progressive Insurance Auto Claim.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: Avoid violating NCGS 58-63-15. (11) g.

Comments