Progressive Insurance - Review about Progressive Auto Insurance from Baltimore, Maryland

Upon noticing a small crack in my windshield, less than 3" which is covered under a free repair I notified my insurance. As the day progressed I noticed that this small crack was becoming larger, concerned I called progressive again to inform them of this. The response I received was that "the glass will take care of it since the claim has been filed."

A day later the crack has reached "beyond repair" limit and my deductible must be paid in order to have my windshield repaired. I ask to speak to a supervisor after debating with Ellen at progressive in which she relays the message.

A few hours later I receive a call from Jill at the office in Ohio. Jill was real helpful, leaving me a message that stated " I'm going to tell you the same thing Ellen did."

I have pictures of the crack while it was small and repairable but due to negligence on behalf of the fine trained staff at progressive I will be stuck paying for their negligence out of my own pocket.

There was once a time when a company took self satisfaction and priority to satisfy the customer. This is not the case with progressive insurance. I will take my $250 deductible and buy a new policy with Nationwide. (Who which I ran the same scenario by, they would have covered it)

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Product or service
Progressive Auto Insurance
Review category
review #787531

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Progressive Insurance? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.