Phil T Ija

Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

They are not making my car drivable

Progressive Insurance - They are not making my car drivable
Progressive Insurance - They are not making my car drivable - Image 2

In October, my 2012 Mercedes GL 350 encountered an unfortunate collision when it was struck from behind while stationary at a stoplight. What ensued was a disheartening experience with Progressive Insurance, characterized by a stark lack of diligence and a disregard for customer well-being.

At the time of the incident, my vehicle, meticulously maintained and mechanically sound, suffered a substantial antifreeze leak, rendering it inoperable.

Despite Progressive's commitment to addressing the necessary bodywork repairs, they regrettably declined to acknowledge or rectify the consequential mechanical issues, attributing their decision to the age of the vehicle (2012) and its mileage (105,000).

It is imperative to underscore that my car was fully functional and drivable prior to the accident, making the current mechanical complications a direct result of the collision. This glaring disparity between the pre- and post-collision condition contradicts the fundamental principle of insurance coverage the restoration of the insured property to its pre-loss state.

I must clarify that Progressive Insurance represents the at-fault party's insurer, not my own. Despite my innocence in the incident, the aftermath has led to substantial personal investment, prolonged engagement with bureaucratic processes, and the unfortunate transformation of a once-pristine vehicle into an immobile state.

In light of these circumstances, I respectfully seek a reevaluation of Progressive's position. I request a thorough consideration of the mechanical issues resulting from the collision and a commitment to restoring my vehicle to its pre-accident operational state.

This pursuit aligns with the core principles of insurance coverage and the expectation that damages, both visible and mechanical, be appropriately addressed.

I trust that Progressive Insurance will take this matter seriously and demonstrate a commitment to upholding the integrity of their service. Your prompt attention to this request is greatly appreciated.Get an attorney

Loss:
Cons:
  • Fraud do not do as they say
  • Fraudulent company
  • Con people

SweetFhawn J

DON'T CHOOSE PROGRESSIVE!

GO WITH ANYONE BUT PROGRESSIVE!! I have been insured with them for four years; a completely clean driving record, no accidents, no tickets, not as much as an unpaid toll.

I have always made my payments on time, and IN ADVANCE! I have not asked a penny from this company. Today I got a letter in the mail saying they were canceling my policy and would not allow me to continue insuring my car through them because I have a Kona. There have been theft issues with this car, but I have taken it to the dealership TWICE for security software updates and a tracking chip to be placed, but Progressive basically told me today it just wasn't worth the "risk" to keep insuring my car.

They do not care about you, your family. Save yourself trouble and go with any other insurance company.

Pros:
  • Want your money
  • Easy to make payments
Cons:
  • Do not care about their customers at all

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Save yourself the trouble and choose ANY other insurance provider.

ABishop Amp

Shady Business!

Progressive is a deceptive company that accepts your payment in full, then charges you a late fee the NEXT month. Very deceptive! You don't charge late fees on bills that have already been paid in full! I will be getting rid of them VERY soon!

User's recommendation: Stay away from this shady Deceitful Company

Fedoria C

| map-marker Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Just by mentioning INSTA CART by mistake they denied my claim due to a company loop hole

Progressive insurance company and the way they handle accidents and claims will totally find a way to blame you and deny the claim

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: None find someone else they will not honor claim

Fedoria C

| map-marker Milwaukee, Wisconsin

DO NOT HONOR CLAIMS.

Progressive Insurance - DO NOT HONOR CLAIMS.
DO NOT EVER MENTION INSTA-CART DO NOT EVER MENTION INSTA-CART, UBER, LYFT, etc. THEY WILL IMMEDIATELY DENY YOUR CLAIM BEFORE IT IS REVIEWED, BEAT THEM AT THEIR OWN GAME MAKE SURE TO ADD RIDE SHARE IN YOUR POLICY IF YOU DECIDED TO DO ANYTHING ELSE IN YOUR VEHICLE. THEY WILL FIND A WAY THROUGH LOOP HOLES NOT TO HONOR FULL COVERAGE. THEY SHOULD BE SUED!!! BEEN FIGHTING WITH THEM SINCE 01/01/2024, WHAT A WAY TO BEGIN THE NEW YEAR, ALSO THE CLIAMS REPRESENTIVES ARE VERY RUDE AND TWIST FACTS TO COVER THEMSELVES... DO NOT RECOMMEND PROGRESSIVE TO ANYONE!!!
Loss:
Pros:
  • Complete fraudlent company
Cons:
  • Nothing deny claims

Preferred solution: WHY DID KEITH CLARK-THOMPSON AGENT DENY THE CLAIM BEFORE IT WAS EVEN SUBMITTED. THEY ARE VERY SNEAKY AND DISHONEST.

User's recommendation: STAY AWAY FROM PROGRESSIVE INSURANCE COMPANY

map-marker West Chicago, Illinois

Terrible Insurance Company

Customer experience is horrible. Very dissatisfied with the service. Agents lack customer service and dont respond in a timely manner
map-marker Albuquerque, New Mexico

Completely inappropriate phone support. Long hold times, multiple disconnected calls, inadequate followup.

Hold times allow for several meals during holds. Don't use them to you. If your time is valuable it's a lost cause.
Matt T Umu

| map-marker Flagstaff, Arizona

Bad experience with Progressive Insurance

I would like to write this review about Progressive motorcycle insurance. I have carried Progressive insurance on my motorcycle for over 10 years and never had any claims or violations during that time.

This past year, in April of 2022, I experienced the loss of my very pristine 2009 Can-Am Spyder while it was parked inside my garage. The entire property, consisting of our cabin, garage, and approximately 92 pine trees, succumbed to a wildfire which consumed everything in a 22,000-acre area. When I reported this loss to Progressive, they insisted on towing the remnants from Flagstaff (where the wildfire was located) down to Phoenix to be assessed for the damage, even though I had sent them pictures of the burnt frame, which is all that remained (even the engine and wheels were gone). They stated that they needed the frame's VIN number.

I had to plan a trip up to the burn area to meet with the tow truck operator to point out the wreckage, as I also had several off-road ATVs that were also lost in the fire. The towing company could not give me an exact time, so I had to be nearby the burned property during a 4-hour window when they might show up. Once the truck arrived, the driver refused to pick up the wreckage because it was too far back in what remained of the garage, and he was going to have to move some other objects to get to the motorcycle frame. Fortunately, I had another person there with me, and together the two of us were able to make enough room for the tow truck's winch to hook up to the motorcycle's frame and drag it out and onto the flatbed of the tow truck.

Then the truck left, and I never knew where my frame ended up. I did receive a message sometime after, confirming that my motorcycle was indeed a total loss. They failed to offer a settlement amount which was enough to replace my motorcycle. My 2009 Can-Am Spyder had just 4000 miles on it.

This bike was always garage kept and never was ridden in rain, mud, snow, or anything that could cause any cosmetic or mechanical damage to it. I expressed my disbelief about the amount and even sent many examples of comparable motorcycles for sale within 500 miles of my location. The people at Progressive told me that they didn't need to provide enough payment to purchase another motorcycle, just the market value. Okay, market value seems to me to be the amount to purchase a like model vehicle.

Makes sense, right? I never asked to have any kind of vehicle to use since mine was burnt up. If it were my only means of transportation, this might have been the case. What if it had been stolen?

What if it could've been repaired? Then, I would have needed a temporary vehicle to drive. I never asked nor was offered any of these.

At any rate, I will never recommend Progressive insurance to anyone and will never use this company again. I thought this was a decent and reputable company, but it turns out they are neither.ind F

Loss:

Preferred solution: I just wanted other people to be aware of what can happen in event of the total loss of their property

User's recommendation: Find a better company

Guest

Market value and replacement value are two different thing. If your insurance company offers a replacement value rider option it would be a higher premium and you would have to inquire at the onset. Loss of use(rental coverage) is also something you have to ask for.

Jacobi Hkc

| map-marker East Saint Louis, Illinois

Pay bill

I'm sorry my call wasn't to complain. I was just trying to pay my bill. Thank You I love progressive.
Kamber Dlt
map-marker San Antonio, Texas

Confused

Can not make changes in my policy?? There is an issue and no ones knows what?? Never had problems with progressive before
Jake J Jzg

Worst insurance company

Worst experience with an insurance company in 30 years. They will attempt to not fix any possible parts of your vehicle if in an accident.

They do not respond back and will often change stories. As the paying customer, you can expect to be treated poorly and have the process take entirely too long. I hit a deer and after almost 3 months without my vehicle, they are now claiming not to fix any internal parts. Whatever money you may save in policy premiums is a drop in the bucket compared to how badly they will mistreat you if you actually need insurance.

I will be canceling my policy with them and going with anyone else. Don't make the same mistake I did

$20000
Cons:
  • Refused to fix my vehicle

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: never trust progressive

Drevon Mnt
map-marker Denver, Colorado

Failed to honor policy

One of our vehicle was taken to a shop for repairs. We could not be reimbursed for the towing to start. The shop owner took the transmission, sent it out of state, dinged up the body of the truck and closed his shop indefinitely. We filed a police report but Progressive said sorry. sucks to be you. We have comprehensive policy which is a total waste.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Cheap but you get what you pay for
Cons:
  • Everything but price

Preferred solution: I want an apology and TOTAL Reimbursement after getting transmission shipped back here, tow bill and further repairs such as body work.

User's recommendation: RUN! Get any other company. Their reps are rude and offer no help or solution.

Gisele G Pan

| map-marker Cape Coral, Florida

Unprofessional and Unhelpful

I have had Progressive Insurance for over 5 years, my policy (92590****) had steadily increased every policy renewal. My last renewal for December 15, 2023 came in very high, and I shopped around for insurance and was given a policy for almost half the price with another insurance company.

The new insurance company started my coverage on December 14, 2023, so I called progressive to cancel my policy. Come to find they added a person from my household to my account as an insured driver with only email correspondence. (I never look at my email, its nothing but junk mail usually) They stated it was state law to add this person to my account as an insured driver, but also stated that law listed that if this household member had their own auto policy, they only needed to be listed as a member of the household, not as an insured driver. I asked if I could talk to someone higher up.

They sent me to another woman who explained the same thing. I had no problem understanding the law, I had a problem understanding why if this household member had their own auto policy during the duration of my policy, and there were no claim made or processed during this time, why I could not have that fee waived. I was met with LAUGHTER, and a very long wait while she spoke to someone higher up than her. All I was given after that was that there was nothing they could do.

I had correspondence with a woman named Sharron who would not give me her location, and said I could find her full name would be listed on my online profile. Sharrons full name and information were not stated on the cancelation email or on my online profile. Sounds like she was just trying to get out trouble for the way she treated me during our phone call.

Still left with a balance to pay. DO BETTER PROGRESSIVE.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Good at first
Cons:
  • Terrible customer service and righting a wrong

User's recommendation: STAY FAR AWAY

map-marker Atlanta, Georgia

I called because one your policy holder, hit my car, and I was calling to report it to you all

I called because one of your policy holders hit my car I needed it reported to the agency, the car that hit my car, tag number is CWR1210, and I need you a call from you all about the accident that happened on last Thursday

User's recommendation: No recommendations

Mehak Kfm
map-marker Nashville, Tennessee

Not a customer

Claim adjuster havent call to see if I needed anything or see if I was okay. It needs to be better customer service and better communication between the client and customer..

User's recommendation: Have some one call and check on the driver