Progressive Insurance - Screwed by Progressive's "GUARANTEE" in NJ

After hitting a deer, the Progressive rep explained their Guarantee Program for fixing my car's damage. They explained the work is 100% guaranteed and ensures the car won't be out of service long. What they didn't explain is the car would get sent to a shop an hour south and I would never deal directly with an adjuster or the autobody shop. I trusted the "guarantee system."

Well, they sent my car to a third-rate shop (that no doubt has agreed to lower fees for the volume of work). All the communication was by phone with the Progressive service reps. I did not have the chance to review the damage with the autobody shop or the adjuster. When my car came back with damage still present on my door frame, which I didn't notice right away or it revealed itself after driving for 2 weeks, they explained it is pre-existing damage. They further explained their "process" ensured they did the right thing and their experience in dealing with accidents made the supervisor, Nick Pezza, certain they of it.

Not enough words to express my disgust with their guarantee and their business practice.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Not as described
Preferred solution:
I want my car fixed properly from a body shop near me, where I take it and speak with the auto body shop directly. I spent $1,000 already for my deductible. My car should get fixed correctly.
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Car Accident Insurance
Review category
review #547846 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Progressive Insurance? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.