Verona, New Jersey

After hitting a deer, the Progressive rep explained their Guarantee Program for fixing my car's damage. They explained the work is 100% guaranteed and ensures the car won't be out of service long. What they didn't explain is the car would get sent to a shop an hour south and I would never deal directly with an adjuster or the autobody shop. I trusted the "guarantee system."

Well, they sent my car to a third-rate shop (that no doubt has agreed to lower fees for the volume of work). All the communication was by phone with the Progressive service reps. I did not have the chance to review the damage with the autobody shop or the adjuster. When my car came back with damage still present on my door frame, which I didn't notice right away or it revealed itself after driving for 2 weeks, they explained it is pre-existing damage. They further explained their "process" ensured they did the right thing and their experience in dealing with accidents made the supervisor, Nick Pezza, certain they of it.

Not enough words to express my disgust with their guarantee and their business practice.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: I want my car fixed properly from a body shop near me, where I take it and speak with the auto body shop directly. I spent $1,000 already for my deductible. My car should get fixed correctly. .

Had an Experience with Progressive Insurance?

Comments