After hitting a deer, the Progressive rep explained their Guarantee Program for fixing my car's damage. They explained the work is 100% guaranteed and ensures the car won't be out of service long. What they didn't explain is the car would get sent to a shop an hour south and I would never deal directly with an adjuster or the autobody shop. I trusted the "guarantee system."
Well, they sent my car to a third-rate shop (that no doubt has agreed to lower fees for the volume of work). All the communication was by phone with the Progressive service reps. I did not have the chance to review the damage with the autobody shop or the adjuster. When my car came back with damage still present on my door frame, which I didn't notice right away or it revealed itself after driving for 2 weeks, they explained it is pre-existing damage. They further explained their "process" ensured they did the right thing and their experience in dealing with accidents made the supervisor, Nick Pezza, certain they of it.
Not enough words to express my disgust with their guarantee and their business practice.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- I want my car fixed properly from a body shop near me, where I take it and speak with the auto body shop directly. I spent $1,000 already for my deductible. My car should get fixed correctly.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Car Accident Insurance
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I have had one experience with Geico, and it was like a chamber of horrors. I consider their profligate treatment of my then-330k mile car as irresponsible and reckless (sparing..."
- "This agent's son backed into my vehicle at a traffic light causing $5600 in damage. The son said he was in a hurry, gave me his information and left without..."
- "The Dentists Insurance Company (TDIC) Didn't replace all damaged equipment, remediate mold or pay loss of income to restore water damaged dental practice in Phoenix, AZ. Does TDIC actually..."
- "Sold windows by a rep named Lazlo who claims he makes over 100k per year- Too much information. Upon our installation we were given entirely different storm doors than..."
- "These types of operations routinely make unsubstantiated demands. They don't even know if it's the right person or if they even owe money. This office is connected to..."
- "My Name is Maryann I am a real person. I am hear to defend Johnny The Healer! After seeing these horrible lies about Johnny the Healer i had to..."
- "In short I have had a pair of lucky jeans for over ten years still my favorite. Baught 3 new pairs 3 months ago and they fell apart. old tag..."
- "I bought a couch from the Gardner White on Hall Road on Friday, October 21st. I scheduled a 4pm-11pm delivery for today, October 25th, since it was the earliest they..."
- "I called for a carry out pizza managers special witch says unlimited toppings well the man over the phone told me it's only 3 toppings for that pie so I..."