Progressive Insurance - Screwed by Progressive's "GUARANTEE" in NJ
After hitting a deer, the Progressive rep explained their Guarantee Program for fixing my car's damage. They explained the work is 100% guaranteed and ensures the car won't be out of service long. What they didn't explain is the car would get sent to a shop an hour south and I would never deal directly with an adjuster or the autobody shop. I trusted the "guarantee system."
Well, they sent my car to a third-rate shop (that no doubt has agreed to lower fees for the volume of work). All the communication was by phone with the Progressive service reps. I did not have the chance to review the damage with the autobody shop or the adjuster. When my car came back with damage still present on my door frame, which I didn't notice right away or it revealed itself after driving for 2 weeks, they explained it is pre-existing damage. They further explained their "process" ensured they did the right thing and their experience in dealing with accidents made the supervisor, Nick Pezza, certain they of it.
Not enough words to express my disgust with their guarantee and their business practice.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- I want my car fixed properly from a body shop near me, where I take it and speak with the auto body shop directly. I spent $1,000 already for my deductible. My car should get fixed correctly.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Car Accident Insurance
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I was targeted I feel by scammers. Feel I was manipulated into a situation. Shortly after severing half a finger off. Had to use force to defend myself..."
- "My daughter, Savannah, my wife Lori, and I wanted to thank so many of you who donated to help Savannah recently so we could purchase a wheelchair lift to get..."
- "I was driving west bound in Chicago when I was struck from a careless driver who seems to have lost control of his motorcycle. He struck my vehicle from..."
- "Iready is a website that is "educational" for children. Not true! This website is just an excuse to make money as the website is very glitchy and VERY poorly made!..."
- "Where do I begin.... We have had nothing but issues with Ryan Homes. To start, quality of work is bottom of the barrel. After moving in, it became immediately apparent..."
- "I purchased two of the toilet bowl lights and installed it but the light does not turn off. It is on constantly therefore it will wear out the batteries much..."
- "These types of operations routinely make unsubstantiated demands. They don't even know if it's the right person or if they even owe money. This office is connected to..."
- "I run an E-Commerce store targeting US demographic. Surprisingly in January my website got a Manual Penalty from Google (i got an email from Google regarding this) and in an..."
- "I have a 1999 Fleetwood Discovery. Its a very popular layout. I have a Freightliner Chassis under me. Its commercial midium range bus chassis. Ive had minor roof leak..."