Called road side assistance for a tow, they said it would be $90 to tow my truck 16 miles; I assumed it was because of the miles, get to my home, very rude tow truck driver informed us it was $135 for the tow. I immediately contacted road side services to find out why the difference and was told that I didn't have towing it expired in Dec.

2012 yet I just got this policy in June 2015, come to find out the assistant who took the original call put the tow under a different policy. Meanwhile, the tow truck driver (from Elite Road Service) knew I was on the phone with Progressive, yet started driving away with my truck until we gave him the $135 cash only....Jawon, the lady assisting me tried to call the tow truck company, to have the driver come back and give me my money back, they wouldn't do it....I was told that I could take my receipt into Elite Road Service today and they would reimburse me....Tried calling them this a.m. and Heather at Elite said no, they would not reimburse us, it wasn't their problem; called road side services, spoke with Jose, Supervisor, he tried calling Elite, was told again by Heather, they were not reimbursing me and that he would have to talk to Mike, the manager who wouldn't be back for an hour...Jose said he would call me back in an hour, but that I would have to file a claim to get my money and it would take 12-14 days for me to be reimbursed for something that was not my error; after waiting 2 hours for Jose to call back, I decided to call Progressive, spoke with Kane who read over all the documentation he said no, I would not have to wait that long for my money, that it wasn't my error and if Elite wouldn't reimburse me than Jose needed to come up with an acceptable solution.

Jose finally called me back 4 hours later to inform me, he couldn't get a hold of Mike at Elite and that I would have to file the claim...I immediately tried to call him back and sat on hold for over an hour (luckily I wasn't stranded somewhere) before I spoke with Wesley who informed me that I needed to file a claim and wait the 12-14 days that's policy...and then he hung up on me....called Progressive and spoke with Justin, Chris, and I don't know how many other people to be told I need to file a claim and send in my receipt for review to see if I will be reimbursed for THEIR Error!!!! I have never had such poor customer service as I have had with Progressive and I will be leaving!!!!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of progressive insurance auto insurance and associated monetary loss in the amount of $135. Progressive Insurance needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned progressive insurance auto insurance in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Progressive Insurance.

Comments